You have a website, but how do customers find it? You need to drive traffic to your website by making sure your business shows up on Google when customers search. This beginner-level workshop will teach you how to connect your business to customer searches on Google and how to optimize your website and digital presence for search engines, without costing you money.
- What Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is and how Google and other search engines work
- How to successfully conduct keyword research so you can choose which keywords will attract the right website visitors
- How to write website content with Google in mind, and how to leverage different types of content to generate the best search engine results
- How listing and ranking websites can increase your SEO power
- How to use social media and links from other websites to improve your Google ranking
- How to measure your SEO efforts to see what’s working and what’s not
*The fee has been generously subsidized through the CDC Professional Development Partners*
*This is a hands-on workshop. You will have a better experience if you come in person,
but if that is not possible, we are also offering attendance via Zoom.*
**Please bring your fully charged laptops to follow along hands-on.**
Presenter Bio: Jess Joyce, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Consultant
Jess Joyce is an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Consultant who’s worked in-house and agency side for over 20 years. Starting as a front-end developer, she’s morphed into running strategy for brands, but will still try to get into the code where they allow her. Jess has worked with companies including Mashable, Fast Company, Honda, CIBC, Budweiser, and Pfizer, plus many small businesses. She’s been quoted in Forbes, Uberflip and ContentKing. Jess has over 10,000 followers on LinkedIn, where she shares her renowned expertise and tips for search engine optimization. Learn more about Jess and her work at JessJoyce.com.
**Space is limited, registration is required**